Thursday, December 15, 2005

New Google Developments

The Googlers have been busy this week! So far they've announced several new services and tools: Google Music Search, the Google Homepage API, Blogger Web Comments, and Google Safe Browsing for Firefox.

I've toyed around with the Google Music search, and it works much in the same way as Google's Movie search. Right now they say that it works for most artists popular in the U.S. and some from abroad, and that they are working on adding more international artists to the search. Try it out with a Beatles search.

I haven't yet tried the Google Homepage API, Blogger Web Comments, or the Safe Browsing, but I hope to soon. I'll be creating new tutorials for these services by this weekend. Perhaps I will even create a customized module for the homepage that is helpful to Librarians!